November 30, 2011
Recipe | Peanut Butter Bark
A Sweet Treat from Your Kitchen!
Everyone loves peppermint bark, and it's a fun confection to share at Christmas cookie exchanges. This year, I posted a copycat recipe for
Williams-Sonoma's popular white and dark chocolate peppermint bark. Very festive!
This recipe is a variation on that theme, and a nice change of pace.
It's delicious and beautiful, as you can see above. However, you can also be creative in your presentation, and use cookie cutters or molds to create different shapes. Imagine the oohs and ahs of all your lucky recipients!
Since this is a beginner recipe, your kids can get involved in your holiday baking too. Preparation time is only 15 minutes!
• 2 packages (4 oz. each) Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
• 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
• 1 tablespoon shortening
• 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1. Cover cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
3. Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts.
4. Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect. Gently tap tray on countertop to even out thickness of mixture. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. About 1 pound candy.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.
Is Hospitality on Your Mind?
Get your FREE tipsheet, "30 Delicious Dessert Minis" plus much more when you sign up for our newsletter. Enter your e-mail:
Find More Recipes
1. Ult. Rec. Swap (Thurs) at Life as Mom
2. Weekend Wrap-Up (Fri) at Tat & Jello
3. Gallery of Favs (Fri) at Premed. Left.
4. Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
5. Friday Swap at Grocery Cart Challenge
6. I'm Lovin' It (Fri) at TidyMom
7. Sunday Showcase by Stephanie Lynn
8. This Week's Cravings (Mon) at Mom's Crazy Cooking
9. Tasty Tues at Beauty and Bedlam
10. W-L-W Wed. at Women Living Well
11. W-F-M-W at We Are THAT Family
12. A Week of Handmade Gifts at
SUBSCRIBE: Did you enjoy this recipe? If you subscribe to my RSS Feed, you won't miss a single update.
Source: Hershey's Kitchens