It looks like a creative chef had some fun conceiving this massive ice cream sundae! Maybe you'd like to try pulling off this dessert for your next special occasion event (or game day party). Here's is a list of the ingredients, beginning at the bottom.
Fill a large fluted glass with the ingredients in the order listed. Garnish with one whole strawberry and a slice of honeydew melon. Get two long-handled ice cream spoons, a special friend and ... Attack!
We all do it! We resolve to snack less, eat better, and exercise more. But when stress is mounting, it's so easy to reach for a quick bite that's empty of nutrition and full of calories.
Recently, my husband asked me to assemble a list of snacks that he can enjoy guilt-free. We all have different ideas about good nutrition, and what's healthy and what isn't. If you scan this list, I'm sure you'll find a few snack pairs that will satisfy your family.
Since my husband loves his chips and salsa, they're definitely included.It's up to you to decide whether to offer them to your hungry loved ones between meals.
Click images for recipes where applicable.
1. Vanilla Yogurt and Dipping Strawberries
2. Chilled Red & Green Grapes with Cheese
3. Green Apple Wedges & Fresh Blueberries
4. Baby Carrots and Black Bean Chickpea Hummus
5. Scrambled Egg & Black Bean Tacos
Veggie Chip Mandoline Slicer
6. Mozzarella Cheese with Tomato Halves
7. Fresh Tomato Salsa & Fried Tortilla Chips
8. Avocado Guacamole with Spicy Rice Crackers
9. Sweet Potato and Yam Chips
10. Sweet Potato Chips with Tamarind Anise Yogurt Dip
Sometimes we all just need a little bit of fun in our day! Kids are no exception, especially when they're adjusting the demands of a new school year.
You can whip up these little gems the night before a big day in class, and pack them in your children's lunch boxes in the morning. Another prime time to offer your cupcake love is after a sports team practice, or driving to piano lessons. They'll be so grateful, Mom!
1 package chocolate cake mix
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups confectioners sugar
chocolate chips or kisses
1. Bake cupcakes according to the package directions. For best baking results, measure batter accurately with a cupcake batter dispenser. Allow cupcakes to cool.
2. Melt sugar, peanut butter and butter together in
a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium
bowl. Whisk in milk and set aside to cool.
3. Add confectioners sugar and
beat on medium/high speed with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth.
4. Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes, and garnish each one with a chocolate chip.
Yield: Approx. 1-1/2 cups. Will thinly frost 24 cupcakes