Easy Lasagna in a Bag
Super-easy clean-up! That's the name of the game with this unique way to prepare a delicious slow cooker lasagna.
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
3 (15 oz) cans Italian-style
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (15 oz) container part-skim
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
15 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 heat-resistant oven bag
1. Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink, then drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese with the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
3. Insert heat resistant oven bag into crockpot. Layer one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker. Top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
4. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours, or until noodles are tender.
5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Lift bag out of crockpot and cut into wedges.
Did you enjoy this recipe? If you subscribe to my RSS Feed, you won't miss a single update.
Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker
Photos: JoeD (1 + 2 stitched) JoeD (3) (Flickr)