Sassy Hostess Aprons
Shipping is FREE on orders over $25.
Click images for Discount Prices every day.
May 31, 2012
Recipe | DIET Cherry Coke Cupcakes
Easy Lazy Baker Version
Maybe you’re familiar with Cracker Barrel’s popular Coca Cola cake. People really love this chocolate dessert decadence! We don’t have that restaurant chain locally, but I’ve read about it on a handful of southern (U.S.) blogs.
Good copy-cat recipes abound, and I found a “low cal” version that suits the health-nut in me. I don't feel so guilty when I’m craving something really sweet and delicious! This recipe is simple, and comes from
Grin & Bake It. Kate says,
“Take any kind of chocolate cake mix and pour a can of Diet Coke in it. Stir it up and bake as the box directs. The carbonation in the soda makes the cake expand.
The only thing I did differently was add two egg whites to the batter. Other bloggers have said this makes it come together better and results in a fluffier cake. These cupcakes were really good! They came out amazingly moist and the hint of cherry was just enough. I topped the cupcakes with a low-fat cream cheese frosting.”
Diet Cherry Coke Cupcakes
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 can Diet Coke
2 egg whites
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Bake according to the directions on the cake box. Makes 24.
• Chocolate cake mix & diet Coke
• Spice cake & diet root beer
• Vanilla cake & diet root beer
• Pineapple cake mix & 7-Up
• Vanilla cake mix & 7-Up
• Vanilla cake mix & diet orange
Low-fat Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1 c. marshmallow cream
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. powdered sugar
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and vanilla until well combined. Then gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
Makes 1 3/4 cups
NOTES: The use of marshmallow creme instead of butter in this easy frosting recipe keeps the fat, calorie, and cholesterol counts low. To simplify clean-up, spray the measuring cup with non-stick spray before attempting to measure out the marshmallow cream!
For pricing on the "Very Cherry" Apron above, click here.
Is Hospitality on Your Mind?
Get your FREE tipsheet, "30 Delicious Dessert Minis" plus much more when you sign up for our newsletter. Your e-mail:
Find More Recipes
1. Ult. Rec. Swap (Thurs) at Life as Mom
2. Sweet Treat Thurs at Something Swanky
3. Foodie Fri at Rattlebridge Farm
4. I'm Lovin' It (Fri) at TidyMom
5. Friday Swap at Grocery Cart Chall
6. Wrap-Up (Fri) at Tat & Jello
7. Strut Your Stuff (Sat) at Six Sisters Stuff
8. Sunday Showcase by Steph Lynn
9. Nifty Thrifty Sun. at Nifty Thrifty
10. Mop it Up Mon at I Should be Mopping the Floor
11. Mix it Up Mon at Flour Me
12. Cupcake Tues at Hoosier Homemade
13. W-F-M-W at We Are THAT Family
14. Wednesday Link Party at L'il Luna
15. What's Shakin' Link Party at Shaken Together
16. Thursday Food Fest at The Ease of Freeze
17. See More Links
Photos: clevercupcakes (Flickr) & Google Images