Treats for the Kid in all of Us!
There doesn't seem to be any shortage of interest in recipes that combine the best of childhood: chocolate and peanut butter. In fact, my recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes has gone viral, with over 30,000 page views! And if you really love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, be sure to check out this decadent recipe for Reese's Cheesecake Brownies.
Without further ado, I bring you a third variation on this unbeatable flavor combo: Cupcakes. Garnished with chocolate chips, you (and your kids) will plough through these in no time. For simplicity's sake, I like to use a good boxed chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes. Here's the frosting recipe.
"The perfect fluffy frosting for brownies or chocolate cake.Ingredients
Sweet but not too sweet. Peanut buttery but not greasy."
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric hand-held mixer or stand mixer. Gradually add the sugar. When mixture starts to get thick, incorporate the milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. To make the frosting fluffy, beat it for at least 3 minutes. Spread or pipe icing onto your cupcakes. Yield: 2 cups.
Find More Recipes
1. Ult. Rec. Swap (Thurs) at Life as Mom
2. Sweet Treat Thurs at Something Swanky
3. Foodie Friday at Battlebridge Farm
4. I'm Lovin' It (Fri) at TidyMom
5. Friday Swap at Grocery Cart Chall
6. Wrap-Up (Fri) at Tat & Jello
7. Strut Your Stuff (Sat) at Six Sisters Stuff
8. Sunday Showcase by Steph Lynn
9. Nifty Thrifty Sunday at Nifty Thrifty Things
10. Mop it Up Mondays at I Should be Mopping the Floor
11. Mix it Up Monday at Flour Me with Love
12. Cupcake Tuesday at Hoosier Homemade
13. W-F-M-W at We Are THAT Family
14. Wednesday Link Party at L'il Luna
15. See MORE Linky Parties
Recipe via AllRecipes.com. Photos via imcountingufoz (Flickr)