February 9, 2012
Recipe | Red Velvet Cheesecake
A Decadent Dessert for Valentine's
If you’re planning a special dinner for Valentine's Day, this outrageous red velvet cheesecake will amaze your special guest. You can cut and serve your dessert as traditional wedges (top photo), or bake individual mini-portions for a more personal touch (above). Dust with chocolate, red sprinkles or crumbs, and garnish with flowers. You'll make your special day completely unforgettable!
• 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
• 2 (1-ounce) bottles red food coloring
• 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
3. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
4. Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.
Recipe via GroupRecipes.com
Aprons for Valentine's Day
Valentine's aprons are in a beautiful category all by themselves. If you want to dress up in your "kitchen best" for the holiday, I’ve assembled a special collection of Romantic aprons at Pinterest.
It’s easy to click the images to make a purchase; you’ll be out of the i-store in under 20 minutes!
Find More Recipes
1. Ult. Rec. Swap (Thurs) at Life as Mom
2. Weekend Wrap-Up (Fri) at Tatertots & Jello
3. Gallery of Favs (Fri) at Premeditated Leftovers
4. Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
5. Friday Swap at Grocery Cart Challenge
6. I'm Lovin' It (Fri) at TidyMom
7. Free for All Fri at Sassy Sites
8. Strut Your Stuff (Sat) at Six Sisters Stuff
9. Sunday Showcase by Stephanie Lynn
10. This Week's Cravings (Mon) at
Mom's Crazy Cooking
11. Tasty Tues at Beauty and Bedlam
12. Tues Talent Show at Chef-in-Training
13. W-F-M-W at We Are THAT Family
14. Crafty Friday Link Party at Kitchen Fun
15. Recipe Party (Mon) at The Sweet Spot
Photos: veo_, sweetfixNYC & thepinkpeppercorn (Flickr)
Flickr images shared on this blog are used under a Creative Commons License.