"I made oreo balls tonight for my niece's birthday party this weekend. She's having a Minnie Mouse party, so I thought the red would be fitting. The red is I guess a vanilla flavor ... I melted a bag of those red candy [baking] wafers you buy at Hobby Lobby. It's not really chocolate, I don't think....but it's yummy. And cute!"—ladybugbkt @ Flickr
Are They Cake Balls or Truffles?
Whatever you call them, this confection is for the child in all of us! If you enjoyed making red velvet cake balls for Christmas or Valentine’s Day, then you’ll love making these easy Oreo cookie balls too. Get your kids
(or grandkids) involved in the kitchen on any Saturday afternoon.
I’m offering three variations on this super easy recipe: red vanilla (above), almond chocolate or dark chocolate. The bright red ones were orginially created for a Disney Minnie Mouse birthday party. So cute! Directions are quoted below the image.
• 1 package of double stuff Oreo cookies
• 8 oz. block of cream cheese
• chocolate almond bark, dark chocolate or
red vanilla baking wafers
Crush the Oreo cookies into very small, fine crumbs. Mix with one block of cream cheese and roll into balls. Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water, then roll each ball into the chocolate until it's fully coated. Set the Oreo balls on wax paper until chocolate hardens.
Try not to eat the entire batch in one sitting!
Find More Recipes
1. Ult. Rec. Swap (Thurs) at Life as Mom
2. Weekend Wrap-Up (Fri) at Tater & Jello
3. Gallery of Favs (Fri) at Premed Leftovers
4. Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
5. Friday Swap at Grocery Cart Challenge
6. I'm Lovin' It (Fri) at TidyMom
7. Free for All Fri at Sassy Sites
8. Strut Your Stuff (Sat) at Six Sisters Stuff
9. Sunday Showcase by Stephanie Lynn
10. This Week's Cravings (Mon) at
Mom's Crazy Cooking
11. Tasty Tues at Beauty and Bedlam
12. Tues Talent Show at Chef-in-Training
13. W-F-M-W at We Are THAT Family
Adapted Recipe & Photos: ladybugbkt
(1 & 3) rocknroll_guitar (2) from Flickr